For ACTISA members from the Aussie Skate Free Skate 1 level and above including all IJS-level skaters (figure & dance), all adult skaters (competing or not), parents/carers of skaters (for off-ice seminar) and ACT Skating Coaches
Led by APSA-accredited Skating Coach, Registered Psychologist, and Australian Men’s Champion (2011) figure-skater, Mark Webster
- The 8-10am & 12:15-1:30pm ice sessions are currently booked for this workshop. The plan is for a psychology seminar to take place in between the ice sessions (but the exact schedule will be advised after registration has closed, and participant numbers and skater cohorts are known).
- The psychology seminar will focus on the mental game of ice skating: ways to overcome your fears, push through challenges, and achieve your potential as a skater – whether you skate for enjoyment or to compete (or both!) + how to support your skater as a parent/carer.
- The on-ice coaching for IJS-level skaters will include an Axel (single/double/triple, if applicable!) and a ‘Double of Your Choice’ jumps workshop.
- Mark will be available for private lessons up to and including Monday morning and you can indicate your interest in arranging a private lesson in the workshop registration form.
- For this workshop to proceed, inclusive of ACTISA’s financial support, there will need to be a minimum number of skaters registering.
- A maximum of 25 skaters will be allowed on the ice at any one time.
- The final program for the workshop and subsidised cost to participants will depend on numbers and skater cohorts who register. However, the cost is expected to be around $80-100 per skater.
- Following registration, entry fees will be requested to be transferred to ACTISA promptly. Refunds after that will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
For all enquiries, please email ACTISA.SkaterDevelopment@gmail.com